You may want to install the self-signed SSL certificate of the server in order to avoid warnings by your client software.
Microsoft: Explorer, Outlook
- Download the certificate.
- “Open” the file. (e.g., right-click on the file and select Install Certificate).
- Click on the Install Certificate button in the Certificate dialog.
- Click Next in the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Select Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate and click Next.
- Click Finish on the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Confirm that you want to add the following Certificate by clicking on Yes.
Mozilla: Firefox, Thunderbird
Click on the certificate and enable the option “Trust this CA to identify web sites.”.